Sequence Ontology Immunology Workshop
Focusing on Gene, Allele, HLA, and More.
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
June 12-13th, 2007
The aim of this workshop is to better represent immunological features in the Sequence Ontology. We will define what the key concepts are, what they are composed of and how they relate to other biological sequences.
Each session will begin with a brief outline of where are with the ontology development for that particular issue. We will then engage in discussion with the domain experts to elucidate the key terms and define where they belong in the taxonomy and what relationships they have to other terms. Attendees will each have the opportunity to voice their views and drive the ontology development. As the discussion progresses we will edit the ontology to reflect the consensus opinion.
- alleles of the gene types
- hierarchy of alleles
- features of the sequence
Pictured from left to right:
Lindsay Cowell, David DeLuca, Richard Scheuermann, Karen Eilbeck, Alexander Diehl, Michael Ashburner, Suzanna Lewis, Darren Natale, Barry Smith and Steve Marsh
- Lindsay Cowell, Duke (Lindsay will talk about VDJ recombination)
- Alex Diehl, JAX
- Barry Smith, SUNY - Buffalo
- Darren Natale, Georgetown (Darren will talk about PIR (SMAD))
- Michael Ashburner, University of Cambridge
- Chris Mungall, LBNL
- David DeLuca, Hannover
- Steve Marsh, Anothony Nolan Research Institute - London
- HLA Nomenclature - Steve Marsh (PDF)
- MHC/HLA data in the Immunology Datbase and Analysis Portal (ImmPort) - Richard Scheuermann (PDF)
- Framework for a Protein Ontology - Darren Natale (PDF)
- VDJ recombination - Lindsay Cowell (Coming Soon)
Link to updated Ontology (CVS)
- Karen Eilbeck, University of Utah
- Suzanna Lewis, Lawrence Berkerley National Labs
- Richard Scheuermann, UT Southwestern
Workshop location and travel details
- Directions to the University of Utah
- Health Sciences Education Building Room 34-20
- University Guest House
- Marriot Hotel - University Park
- Airport shuttle - When we know when you are arriving, we will try and arrange shuttles to pick up groups of people arriving at the same time.
We have some funds to help with the cost of attending this meeting.