External Sequence Ontology Compliant Software
Here you will find a list of tools that work with SO data or with SO compliant annotations.
- GO Perl: A set of perl modules for parsing, manipulating and exporting ontologies.
- Comparative Genomics Library (CGL): A Perl library designed for comparative analysis of genomic data. This library uses annotations marked up with Chaos-XML.
- BioPerl: A Perl library that deals with a wide array of biological data including GFF3 and Chado genome annotations.
- Apollo: A genome annotation viewer and editor that was developed as a collaboration between the Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project and The Sanger Institute.
- The Generic Genome Browser: GBrowse is a combination of a database and interactive web pages for manipulating and displaying annotations on genomes.
- AJAX GBrowse: A branch of the GBrowse software currently under developement that is being implemented with the enhanced features of modern Web 2.0 applications to provide a richer, smoother and more responsive user interface.
- SO Term Finder: An application for browsing SO terms provided by the Broad Institute.
- Ontology Lookup Service: An Ontology browser which includes the Sequence Ontology and is provided by EMBL-EBI.
- OBO-Edit: A tool for viewing and editing OBO ontologies.